The stock markets follow a regular holiday schedule and only close at other times for special occasions.
Stock Market Holiday Schedule for 2013
The stock market holiday schedule for 2013 is as follows:
- New Year's Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - January 21
- Washington's Birthday - February 18 (observed)
- Good Friday - March 29
- Memorial Day - May 27
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - September 2
- Thanksgiving Day - November 28
- Christmas - December 25
**The markets will close early on Friday, November 28, 2013 (the day after Thanksgiving).